Circle of friends
The Circle of Friends Schloss Gottorf supports the Museum of Art and Cultural History by supporting and financing exhibitions, events and new purchases. Due to their membership in the Circle of Friends, art and culture lovers are provided with the opportunity to participate intensely in museum life.
Here, the friends have the privilege of wide-ranging discounts:
- Free entrance to Schloss Gottorf and its exhibitions as well as to the Baroque garden to the north of the castle island. Furthermore, they can enjoy free entrance to the Viking Museum Haithabu, the Cismar monastery close to Grömitz, the Jewish Museum Rendsburg and the Ornamental Cast Iron Museum Büdelsdorf as well as the Open-Air Museum Molfsee.
- Personal invitations to exhibition openings and for participation in the exclusive club programme.
- The option to participate in atelier visits, special guided tours, day trips and art journeys.
- Regular information about the Museum of Art and Cultural History’s and Circle of Friends’ activities.
- Subscription to the Schleswig-Holstein State Museums Foundation Schloss Gottorf yearbook published every two years for a special price.
The Friends’ Circle Board:
Gabriele Wachholtz, Vorsitzende, Neumünster
Dr. Kirsten Baumann, Schleswig
Matthias Boxberger, Quickborn
Dr. Bernd Brandes-Druba, Kiel
Magnus von Buchwaldt, Kiel
Dr. Thomas Gädeke, Schleswig
Thomas Menke, Flensburg
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Miethke, Ehrenvorsitzender, Kiel
Further information regarding the work of the Circle of Friends and on membership (contributions, admission, etc.) is available here...